2. There are ___ types of quantum numbers
3. The principle quantum number is related to:
the shape of the orbital.
the spatial orientation of the orbital
the average distance of the most electron-dense regions from the nucleus
the number of electrons
4. Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle states that the ___ and ___ of an electron cannot be known simultaneously.
5. The quantum mechanical model describes electrons as:
particles with wave-like properties
small, hard spheres
6. Which of the following sets is not an acceptable set of quantum numbers?
n=2, l=1, ml=-1
7. Which atom has the largest atomic radius?
8. Which orbital is filled immediately after the 5f orbital
9. Which orbital is filled immediately before the 5d orbital?
10.What element is best represented by the electron configuration 1s^2 2s^2 2p^4?
11. Who are the founding fathers of Quantum Mechanics?
Werner Karl Heisenberg
A and C
12. How many orbitals are in the 5s subshell?
13. How many orbitals are in the 4d subshell?
14. How many total electrons can the ‘p’ orbitals hold?
15. What are the quantum numbers that describe a 3p orbital?
n =3, l=1, ml=1
n =3, l=1, ml=0
n =3, l=1, ml=-1
all of the above